My birthday is on the 8th of January, so I’ll be posting my 40 Before 40 updates on the 8th of each month. Here’s February’s Update!
For the original list and more info about each item, go to WoosleyCoaching.com/40
- None so far
Making Meaningful Progress
- 11) Read the entire Bible
- 14) Publish first book
- 21) Consistently wake up between 5-6 am
- 24) Make 100 blog posts
- 25) Ride a Century (100 mile single bike event)
- 26) Complete first 5K race
- 28) Complete second Spartan race
- 31) BMI 25 or less
- 33) Record 2M steps in 2013
- 35) Ride over 1200 miles
I’ve finished Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus, a total of 132 of 1339 pages in my Bible. That’s 9.9% of the Good Book and on track to finish by the end of the year!
Restarted the editing process, started building a book launch team (join me!), and have a very strong possible title nailed down. Lots more to go, but planning on having the final draft done by the end of March.
Success on six of the last 10 days. Huge progress for me, but not enough to call it consistent yet.
This post makes six since the beginning of the year…off pace for 100 but I’m on it!
Registered for the JDRF Nashville charity ride. With lots of hills, it’ll be a challenging first century…unless it doesn’t end up being my first by the time September rolls around! I’ve committed to raising $2000…$1900 to go. Please consider donating at WoosleyCoaching.com/jdrf
The Gator Hustle 5K is scheduled for March 9th! I’ve been running and walking to prepare, completing three 5K distances in practice already (using the MapMyRide iPhone app). In addition I’m hosting a Saturday morning run/walk in my hometown to encourage others to attempt their first 5K. I won’t be fast, but I will finish!
Lots of time until November, but each workout for the 5K and Century is helping get me ready…I hope!
Started the year at about 27. Down to 26.5 already!
I started out the year pretty stationary, but have kicked it into overdrive for the last week or so. I’m sitting at 181000+ steps on my Fitbit One through February 7th, including five days over 10,000 (all in the last 10 days). I’m on pace for about 1.7M…but if I keep my recent pace up I’ll make 2M with months to spare! Walking to work and finding extra excuses to get outside are keeping my numbers up, my brain and body in top shape and helping with that BMI goal.
It’s still cold and I’ve been focused on walking and running for the 5K, but I still managed to get in 21 miles (using the MapMyRide iPhone app). Warmer weather and the looming century ride will accelerate me to success.
No Update to Report (Yet!)
- 1) Daddy/Daughter Getaway
- 2) Father/Son Event
- 3) Teach Ian to ride a bike
- 4) Get gloves and play catch with Anna and Ian
- 5) Host a party
- 6) Have a getaway weekend with Heather
- 7) Start recycling
- 8) Have a family service project
- 9) Visit a museum or attend a symphony/play/opera
- 10) Family Vacation
- 12) 12 Dates with My Wife
- 13) Visit Congress or AL Legislature
- 15) Produce 10 products (ebooks, audio programs, etc.)
- 16) Conduct group coaching course
- 17) Conduct first STRATOP
- 18) Finish office
- 19) Establish LLC
- 20) Start a podcast
- 22) Teach a community class (other than FPU)
- 23) Join/Start Local Mastermind/Networking Group
- 27) Drive a race car
- 29) Attend a NASCAR event
- 30) Take a firearms safety class
- 32) Complete a fast
- 34) Complete the Manitou Springs Incline
- 36) Wildcard #1
- 37) Wildcard #2
- 38) Wildcard #3
- 39) Wildcard #4
- 40) Wildcard #5