Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (FPU) is a 9 week small group study of financial principles designed to help families and individuals understand how to handle money responsibly. It teaches how to dump your debt, get control of your money, and construct a plan to walk in Financial Peace. Because money management is 80% behavior and 20% head knowledge, FPU helps you build that behavior through commitment and accountability. In short, it’s a great way to get your finances on track and make sure you stay there.
In six years, I’ve led the class more than 16 times and helped people eliminate more that $500,000 in debt! I was the honored as the Coordinator Spotlight in Dave Ramsey’s FPU Coordinator Newsletter in September 2007.
SCHEDULE AND STRUCTURE
The FPU course consists of nine 90 minute sessions. For the first part of the class, participants will watch a video lesson featuring Dave Ramsey. The second part of the class is for small group discussion. Both sessions are required for completion of the course.
The course will be conducted on Sunday mornings starting at 9:00 am. The schedule (subject to change) is as follows:
- Feb 3, 2013 — Super Saving
- Feb 10, 2013 — Relating with Money
- Feb 17, 2013 — Cash Flow Planning
- Feb 24, 2013 — FLEX Day (TBD)
- Mar 3, 2013 — Dumping Debt
- Mar 10, 2013 — Buyer Beware
- Mar 17, 2013 — The Role of Insurance
- Mar 24, 2013 — Retirement and College Planning
- Mar 31, 2013 — FLEX Day (Easter)
- Apr 7, 2013 — Real Estate and Mortgages
- Apr 14, 2013 — The Great Misunderstanding (Graduation Celebration)
Schedule subject to change. Additional classes and locations can be found at http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home/.
Leading FPU courses is a ministry and I am not compensated for my efforts. I do not work for Dave Ramsey or the Lampo Group. The only cost is for the materials, which can be purchased prior to the course at the church or via DaveRamsey.com.